Friday, September 30, 2011

Belly Putter Becoming a Trend

Phil Mickelson used a belly putter! Can you believe that? A belly putter for the guy reputed to be among the best in golf with the short stick? It is hard to believe.
In this article, I would like to talk something about long putter. If you are looking for good wholesale golf clubs, I would like to recommend the good Cheap R11 Driver to you, the R11 Driver for sale is hot online.
“Ten years ago, no one ever went to the belly putter unless they couldn’t putt,” Furyk said. “So I didn’t really think of it as unfair. I thought of it as desperation, if that makes sense. For me, it was still desperation, but I’ve seen some guys that have gone to it where they are decent putters, but they think it’s a better way.”
“Everyone wants to act like it’s foolproof,” he said. “It’s been around for 11 years. Now somebody does something and it blows up. You’ve still got to make putts under pressure to win. Ernie Els has jacked so many short putts with a belly putter, and I didn’t hear anyone complaining about them.”
“I was making stuff all over the pro shop,” Azinger said.
He switched the putter head to one he liked. He changed the lie and angle. He moved the ball back in his stance and put more weight on his right leg to make him feel anchored.
“I was instantly better,” Azinger said. “Paul Runyan watched me putting in 2000 and said it was the best single-lever action putting stroke he’d ever seen. To this day, I don’t know what that means. But when I grabbed that thing, I became a better putter. And I was back in the Ryder Cup and the Presidents Cup and in the top 20 in the world.”
Still, the belly and long putters raise one question: If it’s so good, why isn’t everyone using it?
The PGA Tour’s most reliable statistic for putting is called “strokes gained.” The top 12 players on the list use a conventional putter. The more traditional statistic is average putts per round. None of the top 12 players on that list use a long putter, either.
Steve Stricker is No. 1 in “strokes gained” and No. 3 in putts per round.
“I like how I putt. I like the conventional wisdom of the short putter. Is that saying it nicely?” Stricker said with a smile.
Thanks for reading my article, i would like to recommend the Ping G15 Driver for Sale and TaylorMade R9 Driver for sale to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golf Clubs For Sale